Youth Inspired Faith Walks
With Malayna’s excitement over the release of the inspiring film Little Boy in theaters, and Stacy’s return from a Faith Walk-themed Youth of Unity event, we are reminded that “a little child shall lead them”…or rather, us. How can we let our inner child lead the way in our own lives? Pop Conscious will explore the ways we are reminded to let go of our jaded, pessimistic viewpoints and become like a child in order to enter the Kingdom of all possibilities!
Stacy’s faves: Little Prince, Little Princess, Under the Same Moon, Red Balloon, Cinema Paradiso
Little Boy – beautifully made from every possible aspect! Brilliant writing, beautiful cinematography, great cast, wonderful actors, and on top of it, it offers such depth of feeling and inspiration!
Inspired just from their intro trailer! (below)
“I hope Little Boy will inspire you to love more and judge less…to forgive more and complain less…
and to rediscover that little boy or little girl inside of you who still believes in miracles… experience a movie that not only entertains you but also lifts your spirits and inspires you to be a light in the world.” – Eduardo Verástegui
“I think that this movie will make everybody love each other.” – Jakob Salvati
Metanoia Films – Metanoia — an Ancient Greek word (μετάνοια) meaning “changing one’s mind” — may refer to:
- Metanoia (theology), repentance
- Metanoia (rhetoric), correction, a rhetorical device
- Metanoia (psychology), the process of experiencing a psychotic “break down” and subsequent, positive psychological re-building or “healing”
Paranoia = early 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek, from paranoos ‘distracted,’ from para ‘irregular’ + noos ‘mind.’
Pronoia = Pronoia is a neologism that is defined as the opposite state of mind to paranoia: having the sense that there is a conspiracy that exists to help the person, or as astrologer Rob Brezsny says, “How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings”.
Directed and co-written by Smithsonian Institute Award-winning director, Alejandro Monteverde – who met his wife, Ali Landry, at a church Bible study.
- Mark Burnett – Mark Burnett – British television producer, based in Los Angeles. Burnett is currently the executive producer of five network television series with seven hours of network programming. He has produced over 2,400 hours of television which regularly airs in over 70 countries. His current series are Survivor (2000), The Voice (2011), The Apprentice, Shark Tank (2009) and People’s Choice Awards….
Burnett has been named one of the world’s most influential people by TIME Magazine. He has won five Emmy Awards and four People’s Choice Awards. In total, Burnett’s projects have accumulated 98 Emmy nominations. In addition to his work as a producer, Mark has authored eight books.
- Roma Downey – Mark married Roma Downey on April 28, 2007 at their home in Malibu. The ceremony was officiated by Della Reese. They have three children.
- Eduardo Verástegui – toured the world as a singer in the Mexican pop sensation Kairo and as an acclaimed solo recording artist, performing sold-out concerts in over 13 countries. Starring in five highly-rated “telenovelas” (Spanish soap operas) for Televisa (broadcast in over 19 countries), he has also been featured on hundreds of international magazine covers including People En Español which voted him one of 50 Most Beautiful People. Verástegi has appeared opposite Jennifer Lopez in one of her most famous music videos “Ain’t it funny!” as well as in an international television commercial promoting her self-titled commercial fragrances. In 2001, Verástegui was on a flight from Miami to Los Angeles when he was approached by the V.P. of Casting at 20th Century Fox for the studio’s first ever Latino-driven film “Chasing Papi” and won the starring role. He subsequently co-starred in an indie film called “Meet Me In Miami” and has appeared in such primetime television series as “CSI:Miami, ” “Charmed,” and “Karen Cisco”. In 2004, following an inspiration to transform his image, Verástegui left his agency and management and teamed with director Alejandro Monteverde and producer Leo Severino to form Metanoia Films, a company committed to projects that entertain, engage and inspire.
- Jakob Salvati
- Emily Watson
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
- Michael Rapaport – red headed new Yorker (Phoebe’s cop bf)
- David Henrie
- Ben Chaplin – Latest Cinderella as her dad, Remains of the Day, Truth about Cats and Dogs, (Jeneane Garofalo/Uma), Murder by Numbers (Sandra Bullock),
- Eduardo Verástegui
- Ted Levine – Buffalo Bill, the capt on Monk, (Chatted with in the elevator at Barb’s hotel!)
- Abraham Benrubi
- and Tom Wilkinson
- Kevin James – King of Queens,
Other Youth-Led Films
Golden Child – (1986) Eddie Murphy!
Kundun – (1997) – The Tibetans refer to the Dalai Lama as ‘Kundun’, which means ‘The Presence’. He was forced to escape from his native home, Tibet, when communist China invaded and enforced an oppressive regime upon the peaceful nation of Tibet. The Dalai Lama escaped to India in 1959 and has been living in exile in Dharamsala ever since. Written by Deki
Goonies – Sean Astin
Imdb – Greatest child actors of all time
Mickey Rooney, Shirley Temple, Judy Garland, Jodie Foster, Elizabeth Taylor, Lukas Haas (Witness, Amish boy),
Fandango’s list of 20 great performacnces from child actors (http://www.fandango.com/movie-photos/20-great-performances-from-child-actors-219)
- Henry Thomas – ET (with Erika Eleniak!)
- Haley Joel Osment – Sixth Sense (Pay it Forward too – Dave Venghaus)
- Freddie Highmore – Finding Neverland
- Daniel Radclife, Harry Potter
- McCauley Culkin – Home Alone
- Dakota Fanning – I Am Sam
- Kirsten Dunst – Interview with the Vampire
- Abigail Breslin – Little Miss Sunshine
- River Phoenix – Stand By Me (Wil Wheaton, Jerry
- Leo DiCaprio – What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
- Christian Bale – Empire of the Sun
- Chloe Moretz – Kick Ass
Metaphysical interpretation of bible verses metioned above – from TruthUnity.net
Isaiah 11: 6
Meta Interpretation (paraphrased from Charles Fillmore,found on TruthUnity.net):
Having partaken of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, a dual consciousness was set up in our minds. Some things we pronounced good and some we called bad. Now under the new law of Oneness in our hearts, we see things in their true light, and we see now that “bad” is just undeveloped good. Like a little child who knows no fear, we trust in the power of the omnipresent Good. When we are positive to the Good nothing external can hurt the Truth of us.
Mark (Not paraphrased, cuz I’m lazy…but edited down…)
We can attain the childlike mind by making ourselves receptive to the inspiration of Spirit. We must empty our minds of accumulated wisdom, and like little children believe the marvelous things of Spirit. In the childlike mind we are not suspicious or critical, but we believe and trust, and are joyous, free-hearted, and in all ways like children.
The unquestioning faith of the little child makes contact with the spiritual realm and attains its gifts.
Why does the kingdom of God belong to little children? Because … they are free from the self-righteousness that prevents the material-minded person from accepting Truth.
How do we “receive the kingdom of God as a little child”? By believing in the reality of the ideal qualities of Spirit, faith, love, goodness, beauty, and the like.
See Malayna singing “Greatest Love of All” on Who’s the Boss:
See the Labyrinth on the cover of Malayna’s novel, Echoes Across Time, here: