We’re all caught up in Oscar Fever! Of course, if WE were in charge, things might look a little different. Your Pop Conscious pals, Malayna and Stacy, will not only discuss their Oscar-related opinions, but will also create their own categories and criteria, and dole out virtual awards of their own imaginary design! Join in the fun and maybe you’ll even come out a winner.
Malayna’s Tweets and Notes from before the show: but LISTEN for Stacy’s great Pop Conscious Oscar Awards!
- “Stay weird, stay different, & when it’s your turn & you’re standing on this stage, please pass the same message …along” #ItGetsBetter
- Graham Moore, winner of best adapted screenplay oscar for The Imitation Game.
- Gaga just won generations of fans! So touched when Julie Andrews came out and hugged her!
- “Thank God that lives in us all!” -Common”This Bridge… Now is a symbol for change. The spirit of this bridge transcends race, gender, religion, sexual orientation & social status” “This bridge was built on hope, welded with compassion & elevated by love for all human beings.” – Common (Lonny Linn)
- Viewed around the world, “We are bound together by our fascination and passion for cinema.” Yay! – president of the Academy, Cheryl Boone Isaacs
- Patricia Arquette – Give Love.org – Community-led sanitation projects to improve public health & create jobs around recycling, Wage equality
- #EverythingIsAwesome !!! I want a Lego Oscar! #Oscars Andy Samberg’s been busy! (SNL 40)
- “The most enduring mystery of the Universe is love.” – Shirley Maclaine
- Lesson from Theory of Everything #Oscars
- “In a darkened theater…differences seem to melt away. We laugh, or cry, as one…because movies…[are] about being human.” #Oscars – Nicole Kidman with Chiwetel Ejiofor
- “The stories that motivate us that remind us to be brave…chase impossible dreams, and to stand up for our rights” #NPH #Oscars ❤
- “Tonight is for the people who love these movies. Who bought a ticket, who took a ride, who got lost in the stories that inspire us…”
- Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Oscars! Loved it! @whedonesque @ActuallyNPH
- “Moving pictures: They may not be real life, but they’ll show you what life really means” #Oscars #NPH
- “How they move you…and improv you” #oscars opening
- Mental Floss @mental_floss
- When Hattie McDaniel won the Oscar 75 years ago, she had to make her way to the stage from a segregated table at the back of the room.
“The Oscar goes to ….Malayna……”!!! (Melena Canonero for Grand Budapest Hotel)
My friend Chyla sang with John Legend and Common! (http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Chyla) “she grew up singing with remarkably talented artists such as Muse, Michael Jackson, P!nk and Alicia Keys.”