We are so excited to welcome the authors of Reform Your Inner Mean Girl, Amy Ahlers and Christine Arylo to chat with us at Pop Conscious! They’ll share steps to help us stop bullying ourselves and how to get to know our inner mean girls and what they want so we can bring them over from the dark side. Identifying these archetypes for transformation can be creative and fun. Party over here!
Malayna’s FAVORITE BITS:
Inspire instead of torture ourselves with comparisons
The end to outer mean girls has to also include an end to inner mean girls.
… where science & spirituality meet, we find superpower!
Malayna your highest scoring Archetype is:
Comparison Queen with a score of 19.
Fixer and Rescuer with a score of: 17
Perfectionist with a score of: 17
Achievement Junkie with a score of: 16
Overly Optimistic, Partying Cheerleader with a score of: 15
Invincible Superwoman with a score of: 14
Good Girl with a score of: 13
Doing Addict with a score of: 12
Mean Girls in movies and TV
- Mean Girls (2004) – Lindsey Lohan / Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, Amanda Seyfriend = “The Plastics” (Tina Fey wrote screenplay, was in it with Amy Poehler, and a great “grown up” cast)
- Heathers (1988) – Winona Ryder + Christian Slater/ Shannon Doherty
- Easy A (2010) – Emma Stone + Penn Badgely / Amanda Bynes, Cam Gigandet, (Lisa Kudrow, Stanley Tucci, Thomas Haden Church)
- Never Been Kissed (1999) 0 Drew Barrymore + Michael Vartan/ Jessica Alba “The ones that even as you grow up will remain the most beautiful girls you’ve ever seen close up.”
- Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion (1997) –
- Pretty Little Liars
- Gossip Girl
“It’s hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.” -Sally Kempton
Attend their Los Angeles book launch event on April 25th! Find out more at